I was looking for something slightly different – and vegan.
Something that loaded up a bagel into a filling-dripping meal: lots of protein, a textured mix with a shift in flavours as you make your way through the bagel.
I chose to do this on a plain bagel but a seeded onion is also good for this:
- Take half a can of cannelini beans and mash with a spoonful of humus
- Open up the bagel and place rocket (or your favourite leaf on either side). Get a bit of salt and pepper on for taste at this point.
- Now spoon up the bean and humus mix on one side, topping with red onion and a spoon of Heart Veganaise.
- On the other side, slice some avocado and tomato, add a sprinkle of fresh chili if you like that sort of thing
- Bring the two sides together (but don’t squash it!)
- Please use a napkin!
This will be the vegan option at the November Bagel School, so to test the filling and have a fun day learning to make bagels like this, book now.